Body Snatchers! Better than you think it is!
There was a very unexpected problem with my netflix during this movie. About 25 minutes before Body Snatchers ended it turned into the movie Traitor starring Don Cheadle, Jeff Daniels and Guy Pearce. Seamlessly. And I’ll be honest, it took me a good 10 minutes to figure out there was a problem.
Let me take you through my thought process:
- What the hell? Is that Don Cheadle? Abel Ferrara is so ahead of the curve!
- This is a strange thing to do at the end of a movie but I kind of like it
- Hmm … I thought that the Body Snatching was an allegory for growing up and becoming an adult - I’m actually not sure what this terrorism lay-on has to do with anything but I’ll stick it out.
- How weird. This is the first movie he did after Bad Lieutenant.
- Why does Guy Pearce look so old?
I hope this gets straightened out because I was really digging Body Snatchers. Meg Tilly is SO FREAKING GOOD. I’m trying to find a clip of the “Where ya gonna go?” monologue she delivered before Traitor started playing because right now, it’s my favorite thing.